Art & Craft Supplies – leading brands
Gadsby’s have the best range of art and craft supplies available in Leicester
From drawing and painting to cutting and sticking…
Leicester’s best range…
In Leicester, Gadsby’s have the best range of art and craft supplies available. If you chose to buy online you will doubtless be able to find cheaper products – but you won’t be able to find better service and professional advice and at Gadsby’s you would also leave with the goods in your hand.
Our customers value the help and advice we provide – we hope you will too.
We stock art supplies for
- Painting with Oils
- Painting with Acrylic
- Painting with Watercolours
- Painting with Pastels
- Painting with Gouache
We stock a wide range of craft supplies including:
- Glues & Adhesives
- Paper Packs
- Stamping & Accessories
- Blank Cards & Envelopes
- Craft Tools
- Pens & Markers
Niche products and manufacturers sold by Gadsby’s
We stock the mainstream art & craft supplies everyone expects to see and some more niche products more difficult for many of our clients to source elsewhere.
- Posca Pens
- Liquid Acrylic Paints – Royal Talens
- Pastel pencils – Caran d’Ache
- Water soluble pencils – Caran d’Ache
- Poster hangers
- Canvas made-to-measure
- Sealing wax
- Fabric Paper – Hobby Farm
- Decoupage – DO Crafts
- Die Cutting – DO Crafts
- Deco Mache, Decoupage Papers
- Oven Bake Clay, Fimo – Staedtler
- Silk Painting / Glass Painting – Pebeo
- Oil paints – Winsor & Newton
- Goldfinger picture frame gliding cream – Daler Rowney
- Gold leaf – Roberson
- Gold leaf burnishers – Roberson
- Shellac buttons & varnish – Liberon
- Air brush spare parts – Badger
- Technical pencils & leads – Pentel, Staedtler
- Chinagraph pencils – Dixon
- Black scraper board – Royal Langnickel
- Lino cutting tools – William Mitchell
- Sable Brushes – Winsor & Newton
- Block printing inks – Daler Rowney
- FW artists Inks – Daler Rowney
- Mediums, thinners & brush cleaners – Winsor & Newton
Recent articles about Art & Craft Supplies
In this blog Jane takes a second look at cleaning your brushes - focussing on some of the products available. Read the first article Cleaning Brushes.How to clean your brushes Products that are designed to clean your brushes for a longer life are available in many...
Decoupage was a popular pastime in the Victorian era. It involved the cutting out of printed decorative paper and applying the cut paper pieces onto objects like wooden boxes, scrapbooks and screens.Modern decoupage Decoupage is still the art of cutting paper and is...
Popular sketchbooks Jane says a few words about the popular range of Pink Pig sketchbooks - prompted by a new delivery to the Market Place shop.Silk covered Posh Pig The silk covered posh pig is covered in a handmade silk paper front and back. We have in stock: A4...
Jane looks at Pebeo Marbling Inks.What do I need to achieve a marbling effect on paper? I’m going to look at Pebeo’s marbling inks. There are nine colours available and a thickening powder called Marbling Bath. This fantastic, colourful range makes the technique of...
Last week Jane looked at making and using egg tempera. In a similar vein, this week she looks at gesso - making your own or buying it.What is gesso for? It is a primer! Traditionally gesso was a mix of an animal glue binder which is usually rabbit skin glue, chalk and...
Jane takes a look at using tempera (or egg tempera) as a medium for painting. It was replaced by oil paints centuries ago but, for aspiring artists, is offers some unique and valuable differences over the use of oil paints.What is egg tempera? Tempera, also known as...
Get In Touch
If you can't make it into the shop (9.00 to 5.00 Mon. to Sat.) then please feel free to call us or send your question using the form or email