Art & Craft Supplies – leading brands
Gadsby’s have the best range of art and craft supplies available in Leicester
From drawing and painting to cutting and sticking…
Leicester’s best range…
In Leicester, Gadsby’s have the best range of art and craft supplies available. If you chose to buy online you will doubtless be able to find cheaper products – but you won’t be able to find better service and professional advice and at Gadsby’s you would also leave with the goods in your hand.
Our customers value the help and advice we provide – we hope you will too.
We stock art supplies for
- Painting with Oils
- Painting with Acrylic
- Painting with Watercolours
- Painting with Pastels
- Painting with Gouache
We stock a wide range of craft supplies including:
- Glues & Adhesives
- Paper Packs
- Stamping & Accessories
- Blank Cards & Envelopes
- Craft Tools
- Pens & Markers
Niche products and manufacturers sold by Gadsby’s
We stock the mainstream art & craft supplies everyone expects to see and some more niche products more difficult for many of our clients to source elsewhere.
- Posca Pens
- Liquid Acrylic Paints – Royal Talens
- Pastel pencils – Caran d’Ache
- Water soluble pencils – Caran d’Ache
- Poster hangers
- Canvas made-to-measure
- Sealing wax
- Fabric Paper – Hobby Farm
- Decoupage – DO Crafts
- Die Cutting – DO Crafts
- Deco Mache, Decoupage Papers
- Oven Bake Clay, Fimo – Staedtler
- Silk Painting / Glass Painting – Pebeo
- Oil paints – Winsor & Newton
- Goldfinger picture frame gliding cream – Daler Rowney
- Gold leaf – Roberson
- Gold leaf burnishers – Roberson
- Shellac buttons & varnish – Liberon
- Air brush spare parts – Badger
- Technical pencils & leads – Pentel, Staedtler
- Chinagraph pencils – Dixon
- Black scraper board – Royal Langnickel
- Lino cutting tools – William Mitchell
- Sable Brushes – Winsor & Newton
- Block printing inks – Daler Rowney
- FW artists Inks – Daler Rowney
- Mediums, thinners & brush cleaners – Winsor & Newton
Recent articles about Art & Craft Supplies
Rather good wax pastels Neocolor wax crayons - these rather good wax pastels are available in permanent or water soluble.Water soluble colours Neocolour ll artists watercolour pastels are among the widest range of wax based water soluble pastels on the market. Each...
Jane shares a page layout project from her college days where she practiced the art of laying out a page for various purposes. Largley a computerised activity today, but still a useful set of skills to master.Layout paper If you are studying graphic design you will be...
Jane said "I have used tracing paper for a few projects and I thought it would be a good medium to take a closer look at."What is tracing paper? Tracing paper is made to have low opacity, allowing light to pass through. It was originally developed for architects and...
I screamed inwardly... A question that has been on my mind for many years has been - Why do artists do self portraits? I thought this may be an interesting subject to look at since I had to do a self portrait when I was at college studying graphic design/...
Adding a heavy body feel to your work This week Jane uses Texture paste on a few pieces of her art.Texture paste is a great medium when you want to add a heavy body feel to your art work. I have used texture paste myself on a project for a friend and it did just what...
Acetate is a great medium Recently Jane has talked us through using different papers for acrylics & oils, watercolours, pastels & chalk. She has looked at canvases too. Now she recommends trying to draw on Acetate. She said "Acetate is a great medium to use,...
Get In Touch
If you can't make it into the shop (9.00 to 5.00 Mon. to Sat.) then please feel free to call us or send your question using the form or email